How To Invite Staff Members and Configure Locations and Classrooms
When adding new staff members, first start by adding any locations or classrooms - these are called Groups in BEHCA.
Adding Groups (Locations or Classrooms)
- Log into the BEHCA application on a desktop or tablet (configuration of these features are not available via the mobile app). Click on your initials at the top right of the screen and select Manage Groups.
- Click the Create New Group button and provide the following details:
- Group Name (this should be something simple, like "Portland Location" or "5th Grade Class")
- Description (optional - a longer description of who will be associated with this group)
- If you already have them configured, you can add staff members and tracking profiles to this group by checking the box in front of their names. If not, you can return to this group later to configure this pairing.
Adding New Profiles
- Click on your initials at the top right of the screen and select Manage Profiles.
- Click on the Add New Profiles tab.
- Add new profiles one at a time by clicking the +Add New Profile button, or upload a spreadsheet of individuals that you have prepared using the provided sample Excel file in the instructions on that page.
Adding New Staff Members
- Click on your initials at the top right of the screen and select Manage Staff
- Click the Add New Staff Member button and provide the following details:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address (if this email address is already registered with a BEHCA account it will be recognized and matched)
- Role (click the (i) icon to see a list of Roles and their associated permissions)
- Permissions (this is set by their role but can also be customized)
- Track Data: allows this individual to track data and enter notes
- Edit Profile: allows this individual to customize each profile they are assigned to, like adding new data points to track
- Edit MAR: allows this individual to administer medications
- Edit IR: allows this individual to create new and view existing Incident Report
- Groups: check the box next to each Group this staff member should be associated with
PLEASE NOTE! If a Staff member has been invited but they have not yet been added to a group or an individual's profile, they will be unable to log in until they have been assigned to a group or profile.
Putting It All Together
You can add staff, tracking profiles, or groups in any order you like. Just make sure you associate profiles and staff together within a group in order to give staff members the proper access they require to track data for the correct individuals. Once all of your staff members and tracking profiles are configured, you simply check the boxes of each individual within a Group that should be associated together.
- From the Manage Profiles page, you can add individuals to Groups.
- From the Manage Staff page, you can select staff members and add them to Groups.
- From the Manage Groups page, you can associate staff members with the profiles they should have access to.
Access Beyond Staff Members
Access to profiles is not (and should not) only be limited to Staff members. If you have an individual that you would like to provide access to beyond your internal Staff, go to their individual Profile page, select Shared Access, and enter the email address of those you would like to invite and set the proper permissions. The email addresses you add will ONLY have access to the profile(s) you add them to, with the permissions you have given them.